I've learned several things, I may add to this post as I think about different things, but right now, I need to get all of this out of my head. :)
1. I have always thought that if I were to get skinny, I would end up not liking my husband or my family. I know this seems like an odd thought. But most people that I know, most women, get skinny, get healthy and leave their husbands and families. I thought I would rather be fat and happy then skinny.
Anyway, I have learned that as I am losing this weight, I LIKE Chris even more!! I didn't think that was possible-but it's true. We seem so much more connected and on the same page. I can talk to him and have fun with him. So that makes me happy!
2. I have also said...I can be fat and eat chocolate and not have "a voice" in my own home, or I can be skinny find my voice and be a bear to live with. I have always held things in until I couldn't anymore and then get really mad over stupid things. I was a pressure cooker. I am finding out that as I speak up-the world doesn't end and I get to be heard and even understood. I feel so relieved inside. I don't have that built up anger like I used to. I'm not a pressure cooker inside anymore! Funny thing is...I didn't even know I had anger issues until recently.
3. Chris really does have my back!! Like the first 2 have mentioned. But specifically I can think of several times when I have said something, then doubted (felt guilty for) the consequence that I just put into place and Chris has said that I was right and stood by me and helped me follow through. It feels so free. (freeing)
4. I like yummy tasting food. :0
5. I am usually a happy person. I spend most of my time in happiness. I don't let myself express it like I want to-I'm working on that.
anyhow....
I am SUPER excited to come visit and catch up on all this exciting stuff
ReplyDelete